How to apply for US student visa in the United States of America to enable you travel to other European countries is simple. So many American citizens who wishes to study abroad still find it stressful applying for student visa in USA. But there is a simple way to do that and that is what am about to show you in this article.
Traveling to other countries such as Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and even USA for studies could be difficult. But if you know the right steps to go about it, then is going to be very easy and simple for you. Visa application for students in the U.S does not require rigorous process unlike the visitor, tourist and business visa.
On this article, we shall be looking as how to apply for USA student visa for those outside United States. We need to discuss about this so as to help those who are willing to travel to the United States for studies.
US Student Visa Requirements
Gather and prepare the following required documents before your visa interview:
- Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). Each individual who needs a visa must submit a separate application, including any family members listed in your passport.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
- Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview.
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
- Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students, Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students, Form I-20 – Your school will send you a Form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database. You and your school official must sign the Form I-20. All students must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS). Your spouse and/or minor children, if they intend live in the United States with you, will each receive an individual Form I-20.
Additional Documentation May Be Required
A consular officer will interview you to determine your qualifications for a student visa, and may request additional documents, such as evidence of:
- Your academic preparation, such as:
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended; and
- Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school;
- Your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study; and
- How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs.
How To Apply for US Student Visa
After going through this section of the article, I believe so many of you will stop asking “how can I apply for USA student visa?” If you are not from the United States and want to apply for the student visa, this is all you need to do.
- Apply to an SEVP-approved institution
- Pay the SEVIS fee
- Complete a US student visa application
- Pay the visa application fee
- Schedule and attend a US student visa interview.
You have to follow the above carefully and one after the other to make sure you don’t miss the procedure.
Before you can talk about how to Apply for Student Visa in the US you have to first check the US student visa requirements. This step must be the first thing you should do if you must continue in the US student visa application.
Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. You must have a student visa to study in the United States. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F visa or an M visa.
To enter the United States to attend:
- University or college
- High School
- Private elementary school
- Another academic institution, including a language training program
You need an F visa category to apply for the above schools and course of study.
To enter the United States to attend:
Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution, other than a language training program, you need an M visa category.
How to Apply for Student Visa in US to Travel to European Countries
For US citizens who want to study abroad, this is how to apply for student visa in US to enable you travel to other parts of the world such as Europe and African countries.
Now, let us show you how to apply for student visa in US for US citizens only. If you are in the U.S, follow the procedure below:
- Go to travel.state.gov website for all kinds of visa application
- Locate the U.S Visas and click on it
- Click on Study & Exchange
- Check out how to apply and complete the required document for online registration
- Make your visa fees
- Upload required document
- Submit your application
This is just how to Apply for US Student Visa. If you have any question concerning this post, kindly use the comment section below to make your comment. You can as well use the contact us page to reach us. We shall be there waiting to help you complete your USA Student visa.