Knowledge is a Basic Human Right

Work Permit In USA

Work Permit In USA, is an employment authorization document  that ,is given to the foreign national that are living in the US  which states that the certain person has the right to work in a company that is in US, within some [period of time.

the document look’s like drivers license, which the holder shows to  the company  he  or  she is supposed to start  the work All U.S. Checkout work permit in Canada 

Employers must, when hiring a new employee, request proof of their immigration status or right to work employers who violate this rule can face sanctions.

A citizen of the country need to apply for this document separately.

How to Apply to USCIS for Work Permit In USA

In order to apply for an EAD, you’ll need to fill out USCIS Form I-765, attach documentation showing that you’re in a category of people allowed to apply for work permits, and attach photos and the appropriate fee.

(Read the instructions carefully: Some categories of applicants are not required to pay a fee.)

Most applicants will need to submit the application to USCIS by mail. Expect to wait several weeks for a reply.

However, USCIS is working toward online filing options; already available to F-1 students applying for OPT, starting in early 2021. To file online, you’d need to create an account with  USCIS.

before you can travel to US for the work permit  you  need the temporal visa

  How to get temporal Work Permit visa for USA

To work in the United States, you must obtain a work visa to be employed in the country legally.

There are several different types of work visas available for foreigners who are interested in working in the United States.

There are a few categories that these permits are listed under such as, temporary work visas, exchange worker visas, and seasonal work visas.

Why a U.S. Work Permit is Necessary

Everyone wants to be working  in US, from almost all around the world.

And most of the time you will need to apply for  the work  even if you not min the united state.

it is allowed to apply for the work even  if  you are not from m the united state  but to do that you have to  get the  US  work  visa.

There are many U.S. work visas available, and applicants must determine which ones they are eligible, and how to apply correctly and prepare documentation.

Note the following :

 Employers must verify that their employees are authorized to work in the United States.

Permanent residents, asylees, refugees and certain nonimmigrants have employment authorization as a direct result of their immigration status.

Migrants who do not fall into these categories, such as certain family members of employment-based nonimmigrants, may need to apply for an EAD from USCIS.

The documentation the employee chooses to submit to show employment authorization varies depending on the employee’s immigration status or other basis for employment authorization.

U.S. work visa options include:

  • L-1 visa: for foreign workers and owners wishing to transfer to a new or existing U.S. business
  • E2 and E1 visa permit: for investors and traders.
  • H-1B visa permit: for specialty occupations
  • H-2B visa permit: for non-agricultural workers
  • EB-1 Green Card: Outstanding Researcher or Professor immigrant visa classification
  • EB-2 Green Card Permit: Based on Exceptional Ability.
  • EB-3 Green Card Permit: Professionals, Skilled and Other Worker
  • EB-4 Green Card Permit: Special immigrants including religious workers

Work Visa USA Qualifications

There are three preconditions that someone interested in obtaining a U.S work visa needs to fulfill before applying for it.

If you do not meet even one of these conditions, the Embassy might deny your visa application.

This will make you unable to travel to the U.S and work there. These preconditions are as follows:

To Have a job offer in the U.S

You need to have applied for, and been accepted in a job position within the U.S in order to qualify for a work visa.

That is because the U.S requires several documents from your employer before you start your visa application.

Approved petition by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

This requirement means that before you apply for a US work visa, your employer must file a Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker with USCIS.

This petition, otherwise known as a I-129 form is the most important document for you to get your work visa.

When USCIS approves your employer’s petition, you can start applying for the visa.

However, if your petition is approved, that does not necessarily mean that the U.S Embassy will automatically give you a work visa.

Due to reasons that might remain at the discretion of the Embassy, you could be denied the work visa even if your USCIS petition is approved.

Labor certification approval by the Department of Labor (DOL)

Some of the work visas, more specifically the H-1B, H-1B1, H-2A, and H-2B also require your employer to have a certification from DOL.

Your employer should apply for the DOL on your behalf before even filing the petition with USCIS.

The U.S government requires this certification as proof that U.S employers need foreign workers.

They have to prove that they cannot fill those work positions with U.S employees.

In addition, the certification is needed in order to ensure that temporary foreign workers are not having an impact on job opportunities for U.S citizens in a negative way.  checkout  the guides for Canada immigration Visa program

US Work Visa Requirements

In addition to fulfilling the three qualifying preconditions, you will also need to have these documents:

  • Valid passport – which needs to be valid for the entire duration of your stay in the U.S and an additional six months after you return
  • US visa photo – which you need to upload when you fill out the online application form.
  • The Receipt Number, which you can find on your approved Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker (I-129 Form) which your employer filed.
  • A confirmation page that you have completed your Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160 Form).
  • Receipt that proves that you have paid the application fee. For US work visas, the application fee is $190. There might also be additional fees that apply to your location, so you should check with your local U.S Embassy about more details.
  • Proof that you will return to your home country after your work in the U.S ends. This applies to all types of work visas with the exception of the H-1B and the L visa. Examples of how you can prove you will return from the U.S include the following:
    • Submitting your economic situation
    • Your family relationships
    • Any long term plans you might have
    • Residence that you plan on returning to
  • For those applying for an L Visa, you will also need to have a filled I-129S form (Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition). You should bring this form with you when you have your visa interview.

Besides these general requirements, which apply to all those who want to get a U.S work visa, there might also be other documents which you need to submit.

You should contact your local U.S Embassy for more detailed information.

Your Rights and Responsibilities

Temporary Workers in the U.S have a set of rights, which the government grants them.

They are protected from violations and exploitation, and can exercise these rights without being penalized.

If someone in the U.S violates your rights and you report it, your visa will not be terminated and the government cannot force you to return to your country if your visa is still valid, only because you reported those violations.

If the inspectors of Homeland Security and other departments allow you entry into the U.S, you also have the right to apply to extend your stay.

However, once your visa expires, you cannot stay in the country unless the Embassy extends your visa.

If you stay after your work visa is invalid, you might not be eligible to apply for one in the future.

You also have the right to apply for a visa for your spouse or children in the same visa category that you have. How to study in Canada  as an international student

  • For H visa holders, your spouse and children should apply for an H-4 visa
  • If you hold an L visa, your dependents should apply for an L-2 visa,
  • For O visas, spouse and children should apply for an O-3 visa,
  • P visa holder’s spouse and children should apply for a P-4 visa, and
  • Those who hold a Q visa, spouse and children should apply for a Q-3 visa
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.