Work Permit in Canada
Work Permit in Canada, many people mask the questions like how do I come to Canada as a temporary foreign worker, before then understand the meaning of work permit.
A work permit is a legal authorization which allows you ,to take employment in a country which not your mown home country or a or a country which you do not hold citizenship. Checkout requirement for Canada immigration visa program
all this also means that If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you need a work permit to work legally in Canada.
In general, you need to apply for a work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or a Canadian visa office before you come to Canada. For these work permits:
- You need to get a job offer from a Canadian employer before you apply.
- The employer must apply for a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- ESDC will decide whether the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job.
There are special work permits for some kinds of workers. For example, there are special work permit programs for caregivers, business people and agricultural workers.
When Do You Need a Job for a Work Permit?
There are a variety of jobs for which you need an offer of employment. Two common examples are, caregivers and agricultural workers.
Caregivers are employed to take care of children, the elderly and the disabled. There are two types of caregivers: those who live in their employer’s home and those who live outside of it.
Agricultural workers are employed on farms and in food processing factories. They need a job offer in order to receive a work permit.
Work Permits are Temporary
You cannot use a work permit to immigrate to Canada.
If you want to come to Canada as a permanent resident based on your work skills and experience, see if you qualify to apply as a skilled worker.
Can I become a permanent resident?
Temporary foreign workers can apply for permanent residence under these programs:
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Caregiver Program
You must meet eligibility requirements to apply for these programs.
You can also apply as a skilled worker but there is no special category within the skilled worker class for temporary foreign workers.
There are different types of work permit, they are the following:
Hot Work Permit
Hot work permits are used when heat or sparks are generated by work such as welding, burning, cutting, drilling, and where work involves the use of pneumatic hammers and chippers, non-explosion proof electrical equipment (lights, tools, heaters), and internal combustion engines. Three types of hazardous situations need to be considered when performing hot work:
- The presence of flammable materials in the equipment.
- The presence of combustible materials that burn or give off flammable vapors when heated.
- And The presence of flammable gas in the atmosphere, or gas entering from an adjacent area, such as sewers that have not been properly protected.
Cold Work Permit
Cold work permits are used in hazardous maintenance work that does not involve “hot work”. Cold work permits are issued when there is no reasonable source of ignition,
and when all contact with harmful substances has been eliminated or appropriate precautions taken.
Confined Space Entry Permit
Confined space entry permits are used when entering any confined space such as a tank, vessel, tower, pit or sewer.
The permit should be used in conjunction with a that describes procedures to follow.
Some employers use special permits to cover specific hazards such as:
- Extremely hazardous conditions
- Radioactive materials
- Dangerous chemicals
- Power supplies
you have to understand that in any type of work that you applied for in Canada make sure you know all the precautions to take.
If you don’t know some of the precautions please do well to ask the company that offers the job to you. seer also how to Study in Canada as an internal student.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA
- A valid passport with a validity of more than 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Proof of having adequate financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada
- Medical examination required to be done from registered hospitals.
- Application fee
Required Documents For Canadian Temporary Work Permit
A foreign worker applicant must gather all the required documents for Canadian Temporary Work Permit above from his/her employer as well as the following documents and forms:
- A valid travel document or passport
- Two photos of yourself and photos of accompanying family members
- Evidence that you meet the requirements for your prospective job
- Certificat D’Acceptation du Quebec, if required. (The Quebec LMIA Application Process and Extensions to Quebec Work Permits.)
- Proof of relationships with all spouses, children or common-law partners
- Completed Application For Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295) form, if applying from outside of Canada
- And Completed Document Checklist (IMM 5488)
- Completed Family Information (IMM 5645) form
- Completed Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa form. This form must be completed by: the principal applicant, his/her spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children older than 18. This form must only be completed by foreign nationals who require a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. For a full list of countries of citizenship, travel documents and travel purposes that do not require a Temporary Resident Visa requirement
- Completed Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) form Completed Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form. Note: You must only complete this form if a representative will be conducting business on your behalf. All dependent children older than 18 who are using a representative must also complete this form.
How to apply for Work Permit in Canada
- No courier fees or mail delivery time get your application instantly online
- make sure your application is complete before you submit it.
- You can quickly submit more documents online
- You get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.
Top Demand Jobs in Canada
1. Web Developer
2. Human Resources (HR) Managers
3. Electrical Engineer
4. Veterinarians (Vets)
5. Human Resources and Recruitment Officers
6. Financial Advisor
9. General Laborer
10. Aerospace Engineer
11. Administrative Assistants
15. Project Manager