University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards for International Students 2023 – Canada
Canada University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards 2023
The University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards will be automatically offered to new international students entering studies at the University of Winnipeg in the 2022-2023 academic year following graduation from a high school outside of Canada.
Some awards will be automatically applied based on your admission average, others will require an application. International Students who are successful in receiving an application-required entrance award must register for classes in the session for which the award was offered.
University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg (UWinnipeg, U of W) is a public research university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, that offers undergraduate faculties of art, business, and economics, education, science and kinesiology and applied health as well as Post-graduate programs. UWinnipeg’s founding colleges were Manitoba College and Wesley College, which merged to form United College in 1938. The University of Winnipeg was established in 1967 when United College received its charter.
University of Winnipeg 2023 Entrance Awards for International Students
Organisation University of Winnipeg
Country to study Canada
School to study University of Winnipeg
Course to study Not specified
State of Origin
Gender Men and Women
Application Deadline February 1, 2023
Aim and Benefits of University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards for International Students
- 85.0-89.9% – $1,000
- 90.0-94.9% – $2,000
- 95.0%+ – $3,000
Requirements for University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards for International Students Qualification
Some awards will be automatically applied based on your admission average, others will require an application. To be eligible for awards, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have a minimum 85% grade average from the grade 12 high school courses used for general admission.
- Not have attended any other post-secondary institute previously other than for the purposes of dual credit high school/post-secondary courses.
- Students admitted on letters of permission or on post-secondary transfer credits from other post-secondary institutions will not be eligible.
- Submit a UWinnipeg admission application no more than 6 months following high school graduation.
- Submit a completed application for admission, including all application fees and all supporting documentation, no later than the award eligibility deadline for the desired first term of study.
- Have not been selected for other UWinnipeg entrance awards. New international students with multiple UWinnipeg award offers will receive one entrance award, whichever has the greatest value.
- Once selected to receive an International Special Entrance Scholarship, students must register for the following minimum number of credit hours according to their first term of study:
- Fall term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in both fall and winter terms within the first academic year.
- Winter term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in the winter term and either a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the following spring term; or a minimum of 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
- Spring term start: Register for a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the following spring term; or a minimum of 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
How does the Entrance Award online application work?
The University of Winnipeg online application is designed to help match you with scholarships, awards, and bursary opportunities. Selection criteria include academic record, financial need, student background, and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Information from your student record is automatically included in your application. That means we already have the details on your GPA, completed credit hours, major, and other items from your student file. You can view this information by clicking on ‘Applicant Record’ at the bottom left of your screen.
- Complete the General Application and tell us more about yourself. You will be asked questions about your financial need, student background, and academic goals. Completing the General Application is required to be considered for the awards currently available.
- Once your General Application is complete, you can complete the Fall Award Opportunities Application (or Entrance Award Opportunities Application) to apply for even more awards, bursaries, and scholarships.
- The online application will also generate a list of Recommended Opportunities that you may qualify for. Answer the questions specific to the Recommended Opportunities in order to apply.
- The online application will use information from your student record and completed applications to determine which awards you are eligible for. The Awards and Financial Aid office let you know via your UWinnipeg email if you are selected!
How to Apply
Are you interested and qualified? Go to the University Award Website to apply.
Complete your application for admission following the specified deadline below. You will be automatically assessed for this scholarship. No additional steps are required.
For more details, visit University of Winnipeg website