6 Important Things You Need To Study In Canada As A Foreign Student – As an international student who wants to study in Canada or has already been admitted to study in Canada’s universities, it is important to know the important things you will need to have in hand – the essential necessities you need to have while studying in Canada as a foreign student.
Study In Canada As A Foreign Student
In this brief article, we will be listing some of those essentials and why you need to have them. Check them below;
Meanwhile, there are things you need to know about applying for any Program to Study In Canada As A Foreign Student.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Here are the best tips you need to secure a Scholarship Program to Study In Canada As A Foreign Student:
1. Know where to look – First things first, where do you actually go to find full scholarships? – Most people ending making the Application from a wrong source that is why on this page also we have the direct sponsorship portal for you to proceed with your Application.
2. Prepare in advance – What are the documentation needed? that is the first thing you have to ask your self and more you make them available as recommended.
3. Work hard and keep motivated – Also Follow up your Application for more clarification and to able you gain easy Approval on merit.
4. Make yourself stand out from other applicants – Don’t just do what others are doing but make use what ever you have to do are the right once and more ask questions properly before any form of submission.
5. Read the application instructions carefully – Just as said before now, you have the full idea of the Application when you read the full instruction and try to visit after reading for easy understanding.
6. Submit an exceptional scholarship essay or cover letter – This well help you a lot in gaining the award on merit.
7. Be realistic – It’s okay and safe that you make your registration with your real and legal details which is what we have on this part to make your award claiming easy for you.
Now, you will get the Points;
1. Your study permit
You will need a study permit if the duration of your course of study or program is more than six months. If your course of study is within six months or less, you do not need a study permit. In order to get a study permit, you need to have your acceptance letter, a proof of your identity and proof of funds.
Application for study permit can be done electronically that is, online or through paper application, you can get the application’s full information from the CIC website. As a foreign student, a study permit is very important.
2. Health Coverage
All international/foreign students in Canada must have health insurance. You are also advised to have travel insurance. A travel insurance could save the day because life could be unpredictable. An Illness, a theft, or an injury could cause you to need to travel home suddenly and such unplanned and unnecessary costs can only be covered by travel insurance. Health insurance and medical coverage that is available to foreign students varies depending on the province. You can get private health insurance.
3. Proof of funds
Proof of funds means documents that show that you can support yourself financially throughout your study and living period in Canada. In the Quebec province for example, you are required to prove a minimum amount of 11,000 Dollars while in other provinces a minimum amount of 10,000 dollars is needed as proof.
A proof of financial support can be in form of a student or educational loan from the bank, a bank draft convertible to Canadian dollars, proof of funding from scholarships etc. Proof of funds is a very important thing to have as a foreign student.
4. Your acceptance letter from the designated educational institution
The acceptance email alert sent to you that starts with “congratulations”, should be printed. Why? When you want to apply for your study permit, it is one of the necessary documents you will need to do in school, and you might need your acceptance letter for those.
During the application for your study permit, you will need CIC proof of acceptance and that is your acceptance letter from the email, so print it out.
5. Your Tuition fees Proof
Tuition fees vary widely across provinces and universities in Canada. Generally, tuition fees range between $10,000 and $30,000 yearly. But these amounts are generally affordable compared to the tuition of many countries. The CIBC’s International Student Pay Program allows students to pay their tuition fees from wherever they are in the world electronically. Also, many universities in Canada accept bank draft or money order in Canadian currency if you are paying from outside Canada.
6. Accommodations and Housing
For housing options as a foreign student, you have the choice to stay on campus in the hostels. For more affordable housing options for you, you can consider home stays.
These six things listed and explained above are the essentials you need to study in Canada. We hope we enlightened you well.