Australian Universities have long been a dream to the students willing to Study Abroad. They are absolutely worth your time and money given the mount of research outputs and world-recognized standards of education.
However, the fees might be daunting to many students who will face the hurdle of money while thinking about Study in Australia. checkout also study in UK
Study in Australia cost is not much affordable, so we have brought you the solution for the specific problem.
You must be thinking about how to apply for free study in Australia.
With fully paid scholarships to study in Australia for free, you can make your study in Australia effectively free.
Study in Australia Entry requirements
There are some entry requirements to consider before you can study in Australia.
To make the most out of your time studying in Australia, students need to meet some entry requirements.
Academic and English language requirements will help you succeed in your course.
Other requirements ensure you have important health insurance cover and can be looked after while you’re here.
English language requirements
Australian educational courses are taught in English. In some cases, you may need to provide results of an English language test.
We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure you can understand the course content.
The English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the skill level required for your student visa application.
See studying and training visas for more information and check the institution’s website for any specific English language requirements.
The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need will vary depending on the level of course you want to study.
Institutions can have different entry requirements, so read the course information on their website carefully and contact them if you need any advice or assistance. see also study in US
Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for different levels of study:
- English language courses: Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language skills required for the course.
- Schools: Entry requirements vary between schools, depending on the state or territory. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training (VET): In most cases, there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may require you to have studied specific subjects or completed work experience.
- Higher education undergraduate courses: You will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific prerequisite subjects.
- Higher education postgraduate course: You must have completed at least one degree at undergraduate level. The institution may also consider your research ability or relevant work experience.
Tip: To meet the academic requirements of an Australian high school qualification, consider taking a foundation course.
Also known as bridging study, they are intensive courses that will help you meet entry requirements. They are usually one-year long and are offered by most higher education institutions.
The student visa you need depends on your course. Here are some typical requirements:
- Receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Prove you have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
Overseas Student Health Cover
Australia has a special system of health cover for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
It will help you pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying here.
It will also help pay for most prescription medicines and provide you with ambulance cover in emergencies.
You will need to purchase OSHC for yourself and any family member travelling with you, before you arrive in Australia.
You must have OSHC for the duration of your student visa. And You can find out more about OSHC cover.
How to Study in Australia for Free?
There are mainly two options to study in Australia for free for international students. One opt used option is receiving scholarships to study in Australia for free.
The other option for free study in Australia is working a part-time job to finance your education by own.
Fully paid scholarships to Study in Australia for free are the way to fund your education abroad.
Not only the tuition fees, they also pay for the living expenses for you. Here is the list of Scholarships to study in Australia for free
. Endeavour Postgraduate Leadership Awards
The Endeavour Postgraduate Leadership Awards, mostly called leadership, is a fully paid Scholarship to Study in Australia for fee, and it is for postgraduate students.
i.e. Masters and PhD students. The Scholarship is for 2 years for Master’s students and 4 years for PhD students.
The Endeavour postgraduate scholarship award is for 2 years for Master’s students and 4 years for PhD students.
It is the most common postgraduate scholarships in Australia.
- Must be an international citizen and not an Australian one.
- And Must be of age 18 or over at the time of application.
- Must have not been enrolled in any other sponsored or scholarship program in Australia
- Monthly Stipend (3000 per month, 36000 in a Calendar Year)
- Accommodation (2000 to 4000)
- Health Insurance Coverage (OSHC for Australia)
- Travel Allowances
- Tuition Fees (30000 per year)
2. Adelaide Scholarships International
For Students willing to study at University of Adelaide, one of the best Australian Universities, this is the one scholarship to study in Australia for free.
The scholarship is again for the Masters and Doctoral students.
It is for Two Year scholarship for Master’s Degree, and an extension available for doctoral students.
- Must have completed equivalent to Australian honors degree.
- And Must not have any prior research qualification for doctoral students.
- Must have provided a proof of English Language Proficiency
- Citizens from Australia and New Zealand are not eligible for the Scholarship.
How to apply for scholarships in Australia
You will be in need to fulfil some of the requirements to study in Australia with the help of scholarships. The requirements to apply for scholarships to study in Australia for free differs depending on the program or university you wish to study.
- To study in Australia free with the scholarship you must have a strong academic base as most of the scholarships are based on academic merit, so you must provide detailed information about your previous education and your grades.
- To gain some of the scholarships English language requirements are also mandatory. Most of the scholarships will exempt you from this if you are able to prove that your previous education was taught in English. English language proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL are generally accepted depending upon the requirements of the scholarship.
- As these scholarships are only for international students, and in some cases, they are only for citizens of specific countries, you will have to prove your citizenship. Your passport might be enough, but in some cases, you will also be ask to submit a birth certificate.
- You will have to apply for a student visa on your own, and state if any family member will travel with you to Australia. This is because scholarships only cover the expenses of the students and are not in charge of any companions.
This option is the most preferred and recommended way of study abroad in Australia for free.